Digital Marketing & Social Media Specialist (Part-Time)
Position: Digital Marketing & Social Media Specialist
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Renton, WA (Hybrid working model of approximately 50% from the Renton office / 50% remote from your home office). Occasional offsites for events and fundraisers.
Status: Part Time – 20 hours per week
Salary: $35,000 – 39,500 with benefits (medical, dental, vision)
Deadline: Applications received prior to January 23, 2023 will be prioritized
About the Role
Key to Change is looking for a Digital Marketing & Social Media Specialist to develop strategy and implement marketing materials, website, social media, and collateral. This critical role will work with a highly motivated and collaborative small team developing successful marketing and social media campaigns in order to take our digital performance to the next level.
The focus of the Digital Marketing & Social Media Specialist role is to tell the Key to Change story and activities, and to engage with our constituents to build our brand and community. The Digital Marketing & Social Media Specialist also serves as a project manager for print and marketing materials and initiatives and is responsible for articulating the voice and tone for Key to Change’s mission and values on all communications platforms. Success is driven by the ability to work independently combined with a high degree of execution, time management and organizational skills. This position reports to Key to Change Executive Director, Dr. Quinton Morris.
About the Organization
Key to Change’s mission is to inspire underserved youth through world-class music instruction and to support their development as self-aware leaders. We are a non-profit music education organization based in South King County that is specific to violin and viola lessons. Our core values include cultivating meaningful relationships, providing world-class music instruction, accountability and excellence in all aspects of business.
Key Priorities and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage Key to Change’s social media accounts and partner with the Development and Advancement strategies team to ensure social media promotes student and donor engagement.
- Manage planning and develop content, design, printing, and distribution of Key to Change’s communications, including newsletters, annual report, invitations, event materials, collateral, and fliers. Set content strategy and coordinate with internal and external contributors to execute.
- Understand and make data-driven decisions based on digital analytics, and information presented or gathered
- Serve as the primary graphic and media producer.
- Increase engagement and click rates on social media and digital platforms.
- Draft written content for all Key to Change platforms, including social media, blog, and newsletters.
- Manage and maintain brand website, including producing content, coordinating updates, and tracking metrics.
- Support the development team with campaign communications. In collaboration with the advancement committee, produce print materials, email campaigns and e-blasts, fundraising appeals, invitations, toolkits, and letters.
- Organize and maintain photo and video resources and testimonials databases.
- Edit videos for social media and external communications to ensure it articulates Key to Change’s mission and values with consistency in voice and branding.
- Attend events and produce live social media content.
- Develop brand voice and maintain brand integrity across all platforms.
- Strong commitment to the values and mission of Key to Change
- Experience managing an organization or brand across multiple platforms
- Experience preferred with the following social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram/Reels, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube/YouTube Shorts, and LinkedIn
- Strong proficiency with digital asset production and video editing, and expertise with WordPress, Google Ads, Mailchimp, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize, manage, and meet deadlines effectively
- Familiarity with office technology (MS Office, Google Suite, Zoom, Slack, etc.)
- Self-motivated and detailed minded
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently
- Commitment to a collaborative work environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- 4+ years related experience
- Proven track record of content creation and delivery, including designing and creating digital graphics and video content, across platforms and formats
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Strong experience in understanding copywriting, graphic design layout and publishing
- Photography, photo, and video editing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Work Environment and Conditions
This is a half-time (20-hour a week), hourly, non-exempt position, which includes working some evening and weekend hours (2-3 events per month). Applicants will need to have flexibility in work hours. The Key to Change team currently works according to a hybrid workplace schedule and requires the ability to work remotely with reliable internet access (hardware will be provided); and the ability to work in our Renton office for in-person work and events. This position is great for someone who is looking to grow professionally in a mission-based organization.
Salary range is $35,000 to $39,500 based on skills and experience (20 hours per week). Generous benefits, including health and dental insurance and PTO package, including vacation time and sick leave.
Key to Change recognizes that an individual’s lived experience is a valued skill set. In addition, we recognize that data demonstrates that women and BIPOC candidates more frequently do not apply to a job because they don’t feel they meet all of the qualifications. Our job descriptions are intended to represent an overview of the position, and are not a mandatory, comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our mission and values, and believe you have the skills to contribute to the growth of Key to Change, we want to hear from you. Key to Change is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workforce diversity. LGBTQIA, Black, Indigenous, and People of Color and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a job application that includes a resume, and marketing/media samples of your work. Additionally, please address the following:
- What does it mean to you to have a commitment to diversity and equity and how can you contribute that to Key to Change?
- Imagine you’re writing the text of your favorite story in a social media post, tell us what that is in 300 words or less. To apply, please fill out the job application. No phone calls or social media messages, please.