Communications & Digital Marketing Manager (Part Time)
Position: Communications & Digital Marketing Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Renton, WA (Hybrid working model of approximately 50% from the Renton office / 50% remote from your home office)
Status: Part Time – 20 hours per week
Salary: $39,500 – $41,400 with benefits (medical, dental, vision)
Deadline: Monday, November 21, 2022
About the Role
Key to Change is looking for a Communications & Digital Marketing Manager to develop strategy and implement marketing materials, website, social media, and collateral. The Communications & Digital Marketing Manager also serves as a project manager for print and marketing materials and initiatives and is responsible for articulating the voice and tone for Key to Change’s mission and values on all communications platforms. They will work closely with the Development and Advancement strategies, as well as external creative partners and contractors. Success is driven by the ability to work independently combined with a high degree of execution, time management and organizational skills. This position reports to Key to Change Executive Director, Dr. Quinton Morris and will supervise the Social Media Coordinator.
About the Organization
Key to Change’s mission is to inspire underserved youth through world-class music instruction and to support their development as self-aware leaders. We are a non-profit music education organization based in South King County that is specific to violin and viola lessons. Our core values include cultivating meaningful relationships, providing world-class music instruction, accountability and excellence in all aspects of business.
Key Priorities and Responsibilities
• Manage planning and develop content, design, printing, and distribution of Key to Change’s communications, including newsletters, annual report, invitations, event materials, collateral, and fliers. Set content strategy and coordinate with internal and external contributors to execute.
• Develop and evaluate Key to Change’s social media strategy in collaboration with the Social Media Coordinator. Partner with the Development and Advancement strategies team to work to ensure social media promotes donor engagement.
• Understand and make data-driven decisions based on information presented or gathered
• Serve as the primary graphic and media producer
• Draft written content for all Key to Change platforms, including social media, blog, press releases, newsletters, print pieces, media pitches, and targeted communications.
• Serve as project manager, overseeing timeline, budget and implementation for Key to Change’s relationships with creative partners and external vendors and contributors.
• Manage brand website, including producing content, coordinating updates, and tracking metrics.
• Support the development team with campaign communications. In collaboration with the development department, produce print materials, email campaigns and eblasts, fundraising appeals, invitations, toolkits, and letters.
• Organize and maintain photo and media resources and testimonials database; manage communications archive.
• Edit external communications to ensure they articulate Key to Change’s mission and values with consistency in voice and branding.
• Experience with media pitches and working with journalists
• Develop brand voice and maintain brand integrity across all platforms.
• Strong commitment to the values and mission of Key to Change
• Experience managing an organization or brand across multiple platforms
• Establish and drive a multi-channel communications strategy.
• Strong proficiency with digital asset production, and expertise with WordPress, Mailchimp, InDesign, and Photoshop
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational, writing, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize, manage, and meet deadlines effectively
• Familiarity with office technology (MS Office, Zoom, Slack, etc.)
• Self-motivated and detailed minded
• Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently
• Commitment to a collaborative work environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• 4+ years related experience
• Supervisory experience
• Proven track record of content creation and delivery, including designing and creating digital graphics and video content, across platforms and formats
• Excellent writing and copy editing skills
• History of developing and executing successful communications strategies and campaigns
• Project management experience
• Strong experience in understanding copywriting, graphic design layout and publishing
• Photography and photo editing experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
Work Environment and Conditions
This is a half-time (20-hour a week), hourly, non-exempt position, which includes working some evening and weekend hours (2-3 events per month). Applicants will need to have flexibility in work hours. The Key to Change team currently works according to a hybrid workplace schedule and requires the ability to work remotely with reliable internet access (hardware will be provided); and the ability to work in our Renton office for in-person work.
Salary range of $39,500 – $41,400 based on skills and experience (20 hours per week). Generous benefits, including health and dental insurance and PTO package, including vacation time and sick leave.
Key to Change recognizes that an individual’s lived experience is a valued skill set. In addition, we recognize that data demonstrates that women and BIPOC candidates more frequently do not apply to a job because they don’t feel they meet all of the qualifications. Our job descriptions are intended to represent an overview of the position, and are not a mandatory, comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our mission and values, and believe you have the skills to contribute to the growth of Key to Change, we want to hear from you. Key to Change is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workforce diversity. LGBTQIA, Black, Indigenous, and People of Color and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples and/or two examples from your work portfolio. Your cover letter should express your specific interest in and qualifications for this role as well as respond to these questions:
- What does it mean to you to have a commitment to diversity and equity?
- How have you demonstrated that commitment personally and how do you see this role contributing to the success of this commitment at Key to Change?
To apply, please send all materials to Dr. Quinton Morris, executive director & founder at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: “Communications & Digital Marketing Manager position”. No phone calls or social media messages, please.