- We provide high-quality music instruction catered to each student
- We treat all students with care and respect
- We will be prepared and on-time for all scheduled lessons, classes, and performances
- We will return all phone calls and emails in a timely and professional manner
- We will always listen when you have a concern and do our best to resolve the issue
- Must have a computer or smartphone with camera
- Must have a strong internet connection and modem
- Be prepared and on-time for all scheduled lessons, classes, and performances
- Be respectful of all students, teachers, and guest artists
- Practice your repertoire outside of lessons and complete practice assignments by the scheduled due dates
- Do your best not to miss any lessons or performances–if you must miss class, please notify us by phone or email at least one week in advance
- Check your email regularly during the session for announcements regarding recital dates, lesson scheduling, snow-day closings, and other lesson details
- Let us know if you see a way we can improve our services–we will always strive to be our best!
Cancellations by Instructor:
- If we cancel for any reason, we will make up your missed lesson or credit the cost of that lesson back to you.
- By default, we do not have lessons on national holidays unless otherwise stated.
- Cancellation of lessons due to unsafe weather conditions will be up to the discretion of the instructor.
Cancellations by Student/Parent:
- Teachers are not required to make up a lesson missed by the student for any reason.
- If you are unable to attend a lesson, please let us know by phone or email at least one week beforehand.
- More than three unexcused absences in a session will result in termination of lessons.
- Key to Change is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged belongings.
- We work hard to create safe spaces for lessons and performances. In the event that something bad happens, we promise to provide support to our students to the best of our ability.
In order to create and maintain a safe, positive learning environment for all children, we are committed to putting these measures in place:
- During all private music lessons, the instructor will teach in a room with the door open.
- Parents are always welcome to stay in a waiting area within earshot of a private lesson. If they find it necessary, a parent may check the open door at any time without disturbing the lesson.
- Bullying or fighting between students will not be tolerated.
We strive to keep our costs at a minimum, however, over the course of the session students may need to spend additional money on the following tools and accessories:
- Sheet music or music books
- Recital clothing
Important announcements will be communicated with students and parents via email. It is expected that students and parents will check their email regularly for updates regarding recital dates and details, snow-day closings, schedule changes, and other lesson details. In the case of an emergency or last-minute schedule change, students and parents may be notified by phone.
Parents and students are encouraged to contact the instructor by phone, email, or in person if they have any questions or concerns with lessons or scheduling.
Key to Change is pleased to offer scholarships to deserving students, with the expectation that scholarship recipients will demonstrate hard work, dedication, and a positive attitude in their lessons. Failure to meet these expectations will result in loss of scholarship.
Scholarship recipients are expected to complete all practice assignments, attend all lessons, and serve as positive role models for other students. More than three unexcused absences in a semester will result in loss of scholarship. Students must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA in order to keep their scholarship.